I have, I want, I wish….

by frogpondsrock on February 9, 2009

in cancer,Love and Loss,Sadness

I have a serious case of, ” The cant be bothereds.”¬† So I am sort of hoping that by simply starting to write something I might become more bothered.

Thankyou to the people that actually read my last  post, your comments cheered me up. I was giggling out loud as I read your comments and they were just the tonic I needed.

6 days ago Mum’s GP rang her to tell her that the tumour had grown and that it was now attached to the veins of her heart.

Fuck fuck fuckity ratbrainshitfuck.

On Friday Veronica and I went to Mum’s appointment with her. We have been going in as a threesome to all of Mum’s appointments. That way we remember to ask all the questions that we have thought of during the week preceding the appointment and we also manage to remember what the specialists have actually said.

The short answer is that Mum is not going to have anymore treatment. All care from now on in will be palliative. We had a lovely set of doctors on Friday. The head of radiation looked at Mum and said that she looked much too well to be in there. From looking at her scans he had expected her to be looking very ill and very blue.. Ha!

To make things a bit more real for you, here is a photo of my mum taken yesterday.

mum-and-isaac

Now does this look like a woman with only a few months to live?

*********************************************************

I really cant think of anything else that I have to say at the moment. The enormity of the bushfire tragedy in Victoria has just left me numb.

So here is a link to various charities if you would like to donate.

So just to put more pressure on you, remember that my Mum reads my blog and if you say anything too morbid in my comments Mum will growl at you. So you should really just tell me a joke instead….

{ 22 comments }

Jayne February 9, 2009 at 10:05 am

Good to see you stick magnets down the unseen side of your fridge like normal non-alien humans do :P

Jaynes last blog post..Pink Trivial Champagne History On Ice February 9

Mrs. C February 9, 2009 at 10:09 am

It’s NAN! Hello and nice to meet ya!

No, she certainly doesn’t look very sick at all.

Mrs. Cs last blog post..Hare-brained Business Idea.

Mistress B February 9, 2009 at 10:13 am

lol @ Jayne’s comment!

Keeping things as normal (for an alien) as you can is the key I think.

Mistress Bs last blog post..Our prayer

frogpondsrock February 9, 2009 at 10:45 am

hehehehe @ Jayne that is my Grandmother’s fridge.

Ree February 9, 2009 at 11:05 am

That is one good-looking Nan.

(But does she know you have such a potty-mouth? ;-) I’m fuckity-fuck-a-duck-and-make-him-quack-ing right along with you.)

Rees last blog post..Meme – Het drinken van bier in Nederland*

Taz February 9, 2009 at 11:29 am

sending every single good vibe to you mum..

best wishes to all the family and hugs too :)

the bushfires is very terrible so hoping they can end it soon..

what a beautiful pic of your mum and Issac..

and NO she doesnt look like a woman who only has a few months to live!

Tazs last blog post..67 Weeks Old and 9 Weeks Old

Mum February 9, 2009 at 11:29 am

Thank you, potty mouth and all I love you, not a bad photo after all, you know how vain I am ;-)

maiden53 February 9, 2009 at 11:45 am

I see a pic of a woman full of life and love! I see that she is so very proud of Issac, too :-) I am glad that you, V and Nan all can go together to dr appts – strength in numbers :-)

I have been watching the reports of the wildfires there – from here in Northern Arizona, USA. It has greatly saddened me to see the death and destruction of your beautiful country.

river February 9, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Your Mum has such a beautiful happy face. The doctor is right. She looks so well. Hug her for me.

Morris February 9, 2009 at 1:12 pm

“Fuck fuck fuckity ratbrainshitfuck.”
Very classy, and somewhat articulate…

Hyphen Mama February 9, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Of course you’ve got a case of the cantbebothereds. I would, too! I’m sorry about your Mum, she looks so f@cking vibrant. I JUST heard on the news about the brush fires. Horrible.

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..Words

Kelley February 9, 2009 at 6:02 pm

<3 babe.

Not in the mood for jokes.

Just know that I love ya.

Kelleys last blog post..Everything is grey.

Bendy Girl February 9, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I’ve missed the birth! Baby is gorgeous and I’m glad to see everything seems to have gone well for V? Don’t you look like your mum Kim! Love to you all, BG x

Bendy Girls last blog post..Pay Peanuts, Get Monkeys

Trish February 9, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Your Mum does has such a vibrant, glowing & beautiful face. She does look well. I hope she has the time of her life for as long as possible and knows how loved she is.

Trishs last blog post..Weekly Winners 6 2009

tiff February 9, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Your mum looks amazing, just amazing.

Here is a joke for you;

What did the zero say to the eight?

Nice belt!

tiffs last blog post..Weekly Winners.

tiff February 9, 2009 at 9:42 pm

PS; I am so sorry and I am thinking of you all.

tiffs last blog post..Weekly Winners.

kompostela February 9, 2009 at 10:06 pm

She looks very good! Really it doesn’t look as if she can be ill at all:)

Xbox4NappyRash February 9, 2009 at 11:47 pm

She looks bloody great, a great nana!

Stay strong all of you.

Xbox4NappyRashs last blog post..Snakes and ladders

Barbara February 10, 2009 at 2:05 am

Laughing at Tiff’s joke – maybe I need to get out more!

Your nan looks fabulous – very full of life and not at all poorly. She looks like a great lady. Can I have her for my nan too? I’ll also take you as mum and Veronica as sister!

Barbaras last blog post..39/365 – Flower Power

Tanya February 10, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Good luck to Nan from here on in…

Go out and do stuff, go on lots of picnics and trips around Tassie…my mum and dad just went on some trips exploring the west coast, looked like lots of fun

Tanyas last blog post..Peanut Pictures

Dughallmor Beagles February 10, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Wow, your Mum looks great…and Isaac…..aaahhhh!
tiff, I was gonna tell that one, hehe :D

I feel sick and angry reading about the fires….grrrr

Ok, here’s one: 2 cows standing in a field, one says “Mooooo”, the other one says “I was gonna say that!”

Take care all x

Dughallmor Beagless last blog post..Working With the Snuggle Puggle: Scarf

Beholden-to-Nature (Kenna) February 20, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Nope- no joke. How about this… if the doc thinks your Mum looks much to well to have only a few months to live then… perhaps *that’s* right, not the other way ’round. There are countless stories of folks who were given a few months to live… many years ago. If I could send you and your Mum 2 things, I’d send hope and belief in the idea that anything’s possible. BEST wishes!

Beholden-to-Nature (Kenna)s last blog post..I’m the "chatter" in Studio Chats on Urban Junkies Artist Lounge!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: