Sunday Selections #56

by frogpondsrock on February 5, 2012

in Uncategorized

Good morning my lovelies, I am home all day so I will be over to visit you all today. Not like the past few weeks where I have been at work on a Sunday with minimal internet and then before I know it it is Thursday and I still haven’t seen your photos.

I am sorry about that.

Some weeks I don’t have any words and other weeks, like this one my head is full of stories that I am busting to tell you. I have a post brewing about privacy whilst using  facebook, and reminding our teenagers to keep those intimate photos marked as “friends only” not public. My word internet some of these photos would make Debbie of the Does Dallas fame  blush.

I know I was blushing.

Anyhow enough words from me.

The Blurb

I take a lot of photos and most of them are just sitting around in folders on my desktop not doing anything. I thought that a dedicated post once a week would be a good way to share some of these photos that otherwise wouldn’t be seen by anyone other than me.

I am also remarkably absent minded and I put photos into folders and think that I will publish them later on and then then I never do.

So I have started a photo meme that anyone can join in and play as well. The rules are so simple as to be virtually non existent.

Just add your name and URL to the Mr Linky.

Publish your photos on your blog using the “Sunday Selections” title.

Link back here to me.

The Photos

I took these photos on the banks of the Derwent River. On a stretch of rocky foreshore that was about 30 metres long.

This is a piece of metal, probably part of a sign. I brought this home with me to use as a mould for some plates for the “Fired Up” exhibition. I was particularly intrigued with the contrast of the bright orange paint which had barely faded still stuck onto the rusty corroded metal. You can expect more photos of this piece of metal later on.

This is a piece of a coupling thingy that was on our old power pole. It is in the garden for the minute while I decide what I am going to do with it. The spiders like it.

I cant remember where I took the photo of these  reflections or if I have recently published them or not.

And I will finish up with some Lizards. I spend rather more time than I should chasing these guys through the garden trying to get decent photos.

Thank you to all those lovely people who have donated to my Greatest Shave adventure. I would love it if you could give me a shout out on your blogs. I have raised over $1000 so far and I am thrilled to bits to be a quarter of the way there. If you have no idea what I am talking about here is a link to my post, If 500 people Donate $10 each…

{ 14 comments }

Toni February 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

Oh WOW! mad skillz, babe, to make RUBBISH look good! and I so love your lizard pictures; they look like they’re made from exotic live metal, don’t they?

Sam @ Learn. Create. Do. February 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

It’s amazing the rubbish you can find….especially when it says “when you’re done, put the pack in the bin”! The colour in that metal is amazing. And I love your lizard pic. I found a skink way up on our balcony this morning.

Elephant's Child February 5, 2012 at 12:27 pm

The lizards are a joy. The rubbish as I said on Sam @ Learn.Create.Do’s blog makes me ashamed to be human.

Your macros are coming on in leaps and bounds. Too much talent for one person.

Cindi in Texas, USA February 5, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I love the pictures!!! So sad tho to see river trash!

Jayne February 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Bet those lizards are thinking, “Smile, Ralph, here’s that chick with the clicky thing again!”
Great photos :)

Cassandra February 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Wonderful photos! All so beautiful, even when they’re not of “beautiful things”. I love the lizard! Lizards are always so lovely… at least I think they are. :-)

Heather February 5, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I don’t remember how long I’ve been posting photos for each Sunday – here is the most recent, Enjoy

and the rubbish? You make rubbish look artistic…………….. But at the same time send a message that rubbish IS rubbish :(

Here are my photos!

Heather

amandab February 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm

The colours of the metal photo are so striking. Love the lizards too. Hope you are feeling better today :)

river February 5, 2012 at 5:46 pm

The mussels with the button reminded me of an old saying. “Keep your lip buttoned”.

I love the skinks.

Fern February 5, 2012 at 6:03 pm

These are gorgeous lady!

carolina February 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Oh I do love your selection this week. Those rubbish photos (oh you know what I mean, I don’t mean they are rubbish ;-)) are beautiful and make me sad and angry at the same time. Love the rusty iron. And the lizards of course. Great creatures. You can never spend too much time trying to get good shots of them. As if there are more important things to do ;-)

Linda February 6, 2012 at 2:29 am

Once again, your pictures certainly tell a story, albeit a sad one. The mussel shells and button made me smile though, as did those beautiful skink portraits.
The river reflection is my favorite this week, make me want to BE there.

jenn February 6, 2012 at 5:19 am

Your photos are amazing. You have a great eye.

I just found your blog today through The Elephant’s Child and I’m so happy I did. I’m your newest follower and very pleased to have found this linkup and looking forward to following you here.

jenn

Amanda February 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm

cool skinny: uncool riverbank litter (the thing, not the pic).

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: